Friday, March 7, 2008

3/07/08

Warm-up:
Squat snatch, OHS, pull-ups, wall squats

CrossFit:
"Diane"
21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

11:44

OHS up to 155x1, 135x5

Barbell farmer carries with 89 on each side

TGU up to 75x1 in 5 pound increments

When I got home from work I had a package waiting for me. I had ordered 50 of the white nails from IronMind and a #1 gripper. The gripper is hard, although I can close it for a single with each hand. The left is a struggle and I don't hit every rep. The right I can really slam it closed. The nails are a little easy. I am definitely ready for the green and maybe even the yellow. They will be good technique practice. I have already killed 12 though, so at this rate they won't last long.

I felt good tonight, so at about 9:30 I took a notion to deadlift all the weights I have for a set of 5. I worked up through some singles and made it to 340x5. This was a new PR. I will have to buy more plates now.

3 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Sure. He doesn't give any credit to his poor wife who was chained up in the front living room waiting for the UPS guy ALL DAY LONG. !!!!

Just kidding. I missed the UPS guy 'cause I was feeding the baby, but he left the package by the door anyway.

Colin said...

Haha - waited all day and missed him anyway!!! How is your training going under Martin's tutilege Annie? He got you doing any nice Crossfit circuits? :)

Martin - you're a bender now!! Never thought I'd say something like this, but I'm jealous!! Good work on the number 1 -I used to work with plenty of big guys who couldn't close it.

Way to go on the deadlift too. You're an animal.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Well, Colin, if we're being honest.... I'm kind of a slacker. I definitely don't have the fitness motivation that Martin has. And it's too bad because when I was working out with the kettlebell (remember, mine is a gorgeous blue) I was getting slimmer by the day and now that I've stopped I'm getting paunchier by the day. It's my own fault! Martin is an excellent trainer but I guess the trainee has to cooperate as well. Not saying I won't start back with it though...