Sunday, March 23, 2008

3/23/08

Abbreviated training today. My family was over for Easter in the evening, and the morning was spent with Annie's family, so there just literally was no time to train all day. By the time my family left I was too exhausted to face a full session, so I went with the simplicity of TGU's, pull-ups and deadlifts. Speaking of simplicity, I have eliminated a few exercises from my planned programming for the next few weeks. I get a lot of variety in my conditioning workouts, but in strength it is better to focus on a few lifts and be very good at them rather than try to hit everything. For that reason I forced myself to pick 5 exercises and eliminate the rest. I am going with:
1) Deadlift (small plate DL)
2) TGU
3) Front Squat/ pistol
4) Power clean
5) Press

I will still include the grip work, as that is kind of a separate thing and can be added in to almost any session. The OHS, power snatch, and Zerchers had to go. I may rotate the Zerchers with the small plate DLs. The reason that small plate DLs and pistols made the cut is that I need a DL assistance exercise to improve my starting strength, and the pistols will help the problem that I have with my right leg doing more of the work in regular two leg squats.

TGU:
2 singles with the 32kg, 5 with 24kg in 8 minutes (all reps on both sides)

Deadhang pull-ups:
2x10

Deadlift:
5x300, 5x270

No comments: