Saturday, January 19, 2008

No testing this cycle

So, this is pretty lame, but there will be no testing today because I somehow hurt my shoulder getting out of bed this morning. The injury actually dates back a little over four years, when I tore up a bunch of stuff in an intramural wrestling match in college. It has never really been the same since, so it's not too surprising. I will take today and tomorrow off and then see what I can do on Monday.

In the meantime, here is the tentative schedule for the upcoming 3 weeks.
Monday:
- 5 minutes of TGU
- PTP deads
- Weighted pistols
- Pull-up/push-up ladders
- KB snatch (probably just 5x5)
- sledgehammer levering

Tuesday:
- Kipping pull-ups (3x15)
- PTP deads
- OHS (5x5)
- Hanging leg raise
- Farmer carries
- Sprints on C2 rower (3x500 or similar)

Wednesday:
- 5 min TGU
- PTP deads
- Press (7x3)
- 50 pull-ups in as few sets as possible
- Snatches (high volume)
- Spider push-ups

Friday:
- Kipping pull-ups (3x15)
- PTP deads
- Power clean (triples on the minute for 12 minutes alternating between heavy and medium)
- Press (10x2)
- Sprints on C2 rower (3x1000 or similar)
- Finger roll-ups

Saturday:
- 5 min TGU
- PTP deads
- Front squat (5x5)
- Pull-up/push-up ladders
- Snatches (7 minutes)
- Pinch grip around-the-worlds

1 comment:

Colin said...

Ah - that sucks man. I really hope you're on the mend real soon. You trying any stuff to spped up the process - good old R.I.C.E or anything?

Was looking down through your training cycle. I'm glad that you decided to hit the grip training. The most I get into this "functional" training the more important I think that hand strength is. It can be the limiting factor on so many things.

I replied to your post on my blog earlier. But I wanted to add that it has really helped me to have you spur me on. There have been a few times already that I probably would have not bothered if it wasn't for the blog and knowing you'd be on my case - cheers dude.

Do what you need to to get in order again, and then get back at it!!