Wednesday, January 2, 2008

1/1/08

Was in a bit of a hurry, so I did a stripped down workout. No pull-ups or KB work, just DLs and some nasty conditioning.

Deadlift:
5-5
290-260

Grip work:
- Around the worlds with 2x10# plates
- Sledgehammer lever drills
- Sledgehammer side to side tosses

Tabata front squats:
Used 95# and got "eights" across. I did this a little bit differently than I usually do, and deliberately kept the pace slow on the first rounds in hopes of keeping 8 reps in the last rounds. It worked, and now I just have to up the reps for the earlier rounds. Can't help feeling good about my performance though. The last three rounds or so were ragged edge. I felt like I would die if I had to do even one more set, and after it was over all I could do was lie on the floor. So basically it was the perfect workout. In the article I linked, Dan John talks about some people who have gone as high as 155 and still gotten eights, so there's still plenty of room for improvement here.