Sunday, May 18, 2008

Strength Programming

Now that the PFT is over it is time to focus on strength. I still have to work around the shoulder, so with that in mind here is my plan.

Sunday:
-Off except for mobility drills.

Monday:
-Floor press 5x5. Pick a weight and go for sets across. Move up when I get all 25 reps.
-Weighted pull-ups 3x3. Sets across.
-One hand plate pinch DL 2x5.
-Barbell behind the back finger roll-ups 3x5
-Janda sit-ups 5x1
-Med ball push-ups 3x10 L/R
-Face pulls 5x5

Tuesday:
-Density bwt. pull-ups
-10x100m sprints

Wednesday:
-Weighted pistol 5x1
-Weighted pull-up 5-3-2
-Feet elevated push-ups 3x25
-Face pulls 3x10
-One hand plate pinch DL 2x5
-Janda sit-ups 5x1

Thursday:
-Off except for mobility drills

Friday:
-Back Squat 5x5. Pick a weight and go for sets across. Move up when I get all 25 reps.
-Weighted pull-ups 5x1, working up to a heavy single
-Janda sit-ups 5x1
-Push-ups 3x20-50
-Face pulls 3x5

Saturday:
-Hand elevated one arm push-ups 5x1
-Two hand plate pinch DL 3x5
-Oven mitt grip towel swings, 3x10-15 L/R
-Two hand swings at the top of each minute, 10-20 minutes
-Anything else nasty I can think of. Tire dragging, sledge work, etc.

The push-ups and face pulls are included to rehab my shoulders. I still didn't make it in to the PT, but when I get more rehab exercises to do those will be included too.

5 comments:

Franklin said...

A very comprehensive plan! I didn't see any dead-lifts so I'm assuming you want to do more shoulder re-hab before resuming them.

The oven-mitt towel swings sound very nasty indeed .. your grip is going to be monster-like with that type of work.

Colin said...

Thought you'd be champing at the bit to add some weight back in to your training.

Like Franklin I was a little surprised not to see regular DLs. Having a go at the squats instead? Super Joints must be really working for your knees!!

Martin Schap said...

The DLs pull on my shoulders in a way that feels "funny." I asked the doc about it and he sadi jhold off on deads, so I am building a DL with squats, swings and grip work. Who knows, maybe I will even improve my dead on this technique.

Martin Schap said...

Also meant to say that between Super Joints and cutting out most of the running I am optimistic that my knees can take squatting. I find I can do one thing at a time, but it is trying to combine a lot of things that makes them tender.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Who's Sadi Jhold? I didn't realize you had any Arab friends.