Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5/28/08

Morning recharge:
-3 way neck
-Shoulder circles
-16kg halos
-Face the wall squats
-15/45 pull-ups/push-ups split up as 12/36 and 3/9
-Modified DOE manmaker, 15 minutes alternating 10x24kg swings and shoulder rehab exercises with 2.5 pound plates

Decided that from now on I am going to keep the SJ to a minimum in the morning and string the rest of the drills through the day. I just do them at my desk and finish up the spine stuff as part of my warm-up for my noon workout. I am still doing all the drills, and the things I am doing for my shoulders have been amazing. I will try some overhead work in about mid June. More to follow. I am off to the gym.

Not a great day of training. Pistols weren't going well, so I gave up after a couple of warm up reps and one rep at 55 pounds. I skipped weighted pull-ups because I think they made my shoulder sore last time.

I ended up doing the following little circuit 5 times through:
-Face pull, 5 reps
-10 push-ups
-109 pound suitcase DL 1 rep L/R

Then I did Janda sit-ups:
2-2-1-1-1

And stretching:
-Souped up toe touch
-Hamstring stretch
-Decompression hang

I also tried a set of 5 hang power cleans at 109 and a 333 pound deadlift. If they don't make my shoulder sore later I will start including power cleans in place of the weighted pull-ups.

No comments: