Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5/7/08

Weighted pull-ups:
3-3-3-3-3

Used a 24kg KB on my new IronMind dip belt that arrived today. It was very convenient because I had myself scheduled for the pull-ups, and I also burned a vacation day today, so I was at home and able to use the new gear right away.

16kg Kettlebell flip swings:
10-10-10-10-10

These were done after every set of pull-ups.

Floor press:
3-3-3 L/R

Used the 32kg KB for all. I have been feeling the need to do some strengthening exercises to assist my push-ups. If these don't cause any soreness I will keep doing them and add more volume.

Towel grip swings:
5-5-5-5 L/R

Alternated sets with the floor presses. Used a 24kg KB and it was pretty tough. I fold a hand towel in thirds lengthwise, then double it over and lay it on the KB handle. It challenges both crushing and supporting grip. Great bang for the buck exercise.

Plate pinch DL:
5-5
55-50

Two handed swings:
15 with the 24kg KB

Great workout. I've also been looking through my two new books, Bullet Proof Abs and Super Joints, and messing with some of the drills. I will probably put together a morning recharge with a few of the drills in Super Joints. It's too early to say I've seen any serious results, but some of the shoulder drills have already made my shoulders feel more relaxed than they've felt in days. Later tonight I will run through some ab stuff like my Jandas and bridging, and will mess with more of the drills from the books.

No comments: