Monday, December 1, 2008

12/1/08

I am extending the kettlebell cycle for a week because I've just started my new job and kettlebells are a little bit easier to squeeze in than barbells. I am going to be evaluating the new schedule over the coming week, but it looks as though my work may dictate at least a few more weeks of doing mostly kettlebells. I may even go back to a ROP-like template if it looks like that would work best, and just do PTP deads on the variety days. The problem is that the "gym" at my new job has nary a barbell in sight, but I could pretty easily stash a kettlebell or two in my office and work out there on my lunch break. The other option is working out early in the morning, which is what I did today, but I know from past experience that deadlifts and 5am don't mix very well. Anyway, I will persevere somehow.

Pull-ups:
13, 7, 5, 6, 5
on 90 seconds rest

24kg TGU:
12 minutes
First 8 minutes or so were pretty much non stop, after that short breaks were required to keep form dialed in.

16kg snatches:
5/5 on the minute for 10 minutes, total 100 snatches

1 comment:

Franklin said...

A new job is big deal. Good decision to train kettlebells until you get a better feel for things. Also, a few folks have been known to get pretty strong and lean just from swinging and pressing a few bells.

Good luck with the new job!