Friday, December 26, 2008

12/26/08

Happy Boxing Day!

Today was a busy day of spending time with friends and family, so my training was split into 3 sessions. It was a good way to fit in some quality time under the bar without letting my training interfere with the holiday season.

Weighted pull-ups:
70lbs- 7 singles on 60 seconds rest
35lbs- 3x (1,2,3) rest approx 15 seconds between rungs and 1 minute between ladders

135lbs power clean and press:
5,4,4,3,4
On 3 minutes rest

185lbs back squat:
5x5

32kg swing:
5x15

The squats and swings were supersetted as 5 squats, 15 swings, 3 minutes rest, repeat.

The squats are an experiment. I have a theory that the Bear Complex squats banged up my knees because I was in a hurry and was bouncing out of the hole. I am doing a low bar PL style squat to below parallel, keeping it slow and controlled and seeing how the knees feel.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Nice bit of heavy holiday work there Martin. 70lbs chins must be quite close to half your bw.

I know that when I go quick even with bw deep squats it aggrivates them more than if I go slower. I hope it works out for you.

Martin Schap said...

Thanks brother. Every time I say that squats hurt my knees the little Dan John on my shoulder says "No, the way YOU squat hurts your knees." That is why I have to do this experiment and restore the squat to its rightful place as one of the top 5 barbell exercises.