Saturday, December 6, 2008

12/6/08

Today was the 5k run. It actually was more like 2.76 miles, since somehow the race volunteers led us astray and the entire group of runners cut about 500m from the course. My time was nothing special, I was probably in the top 1/3 overall. It was about 28F and snowing, with a little over an inch of fresh snow on the ground. Not ideal conditions, but I try not to worry about conditions since everyone runs the same course at the same time as me. My time was 20:55, which is a bit slower than I would've liked, but I just did not have 6:45 miles in me today. I would be interested to try again at a time when I've really been working the swings and snatches hard, just to see what I could do with only KBs for conditioning.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Pretty good considering the snow on the ground etc. It would be very interesting to see how you'd fair again after lots of swinging.

Look forward to the unveiling of the new plan.