Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12/30/08

I finally broke one of my barbells today. It has the threaded end bolts, so I knew when I got it it was only a matter of time before it broke. I am considering going with a Pendlay Rogue as my replacement. It's a pretty nice bar from what I understand, and it is knurled for PL and OL, which is cool. The most important thing is the sleeves use snap ring construction, so they should never break.

20lbs weighted pull-ups:
1,2,3,4,5,6,3,2
Rest 10 seconds for every rep in the set just completed

32kg TGU:
6 minutes continuous

275lbs DL
5-4 bar broke and I tweaked my back a bit. Real day ruiner actually.

115lbs bench press:
5x5

Wrist roller and abs/hip rehab

32kg swings:
3x5/5

2 comments:

Colin said...

There are worse exercises than the DL for a breaking bar. Saying that, I hope your back is OK.

Replacement looks a bit pricey.

Martin Schap said...

True enough Colin. My back will be fine. I just aggravated my old hip injury a little. The bar IS a bit pricey, and is probably more than I can really afford. However, I don't want to waste my money on another one that will just break. It is about the cost of two cheap bars, and it should outlast me. I expect I will just take the plunge. It is an investment in my health and safety. In the meantime I will not be deadlifting for a while until I get a new bar, which sucks because I really like deadlifting.