Friday, October 3, 2008

10/2/08

PTP-
Side press:
50x5, 45x5

DL:
245x5, 225x5

I had intended to finish out another month of the ROP, but I just couldn't face it. I have been on the program for 12 weeks and fully expect to go back to it at some point, but for now the plan is two weeks PTP followed by two weeks of kettlebells, primarily swings and get-ups.

Forearm/hand strength-
Pinch grip pick-up:
(2x5lbs plates grasping a roll of athletic tape.)
2x5 high pull
2x5 plate curl

Wrist roller:
2 trips dragging a 20lbs KB across the floor for about 8-10 feet

Plate see-saw:
5lbsx10

Every exercise is from the John Brookfield Grip Tips on IronMind. Fantastic free resource.

2 comments:

Colin said...

ROP is tough to continually stomach - variety is the spice of life.

Doing a fair bit of grip related stuff at present. Feeling stronger there?

I've been having a few problems with my wrists - RSI I think from using the computer. Was thinking of getting a powerball - read they are good.

Martin Schap said...

I really only started with the grip stuff early this year. I seem to be finding some things that work for me, and it shows in the steel I am able to bend lately. I have a tentative plan of two week grip cycles to complement my two week cycles of PTP and RKC that I am starting. I have my eye on that red nail.