Thursday, July 10, 2008

Screw it. I am going on the ROP.

What's the best gun to have in a shootout? The one you have with you. Although I don't believe the ROP is the absolute best program for my specific goals, I really need a program that is simple and portable right now. I missed yesterday due to work related travel, and now I am limited to a short workout tonight, and Saturday doesn't look good either. I will do the three day ROP program as written with the goal of doing the 5x (1,2,3,4,5) ladders with my 32kg and I will use the variety days for PTP deads, grip and ab work, and whatever else I feel like doing/ have the equipment to do. Wish me luck! I will likely do my first variety day this evening and take it from there. I will hope to go on a better strength program over the winter months.

3 comments:

Colin said...

For a little while now I've thought you seemed a little...um...discombobulated with training ever since your injury. I hope it's just work getting in the way and that you are back in the groove sooner than later.

That said ROP is a fantastic program. While I know you like to do your own progs and have fun with them, you'll get plenty fit and strong with what you've outlined.

Good luck.

Martin Schap said...

Yeah, I am not sure what to do about it, but every time I think I have a good plan another obstacle presents itself. Kettlebells, being portable, may be just the thing for the present. If I can't seem to stick to the ROP I will go to plan Q.

Franklin said...

Colin is absolutely dead-on about the ROP. DD is full of story after story of folks making incredible gains with it.

I myself have never been in good enough condition to tolerate it as I can't do ballistics and press ladders the same day without needing a week off afterwards.