Sunday, July 20, 2008

7/20/08

I was sanding the handle of one of my 24kg bells tonight and decided to test it out. I did a few reps with my right and was very pleased with how much better it felt. I then knocked out a very easy set of 14 on my right. Then I decided to get serious. I took off my wedding band and rocked out a set of 20 per arm. This was hard, but not a max effort. Tomorrow I will probably sub burpees or something for my snatch workout since I went harder than I should have on my rest day today.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Nice - topped my best and I was going flat out to do that. Glad to see that shoulder holding together. I predict a big PR backlash in a lot of exercises now you're rocking again.

Martin Schap said...

Thanks Colin. I was pretty excited when I checked the snatch requirement for the RKC and noticed I am only 6-8 reps short per hand. I think I should hold myself to the 176 pound standard since my weight often creeps above 165, so I would need 56 total. Here's hoping this will be just the first of many PRs. I want to test presses with the 32kg soon. I was previoulsly good for 3-4 reps per arm, so I think I may be able to use it for ladders in just a few weeks.