Saturday, December 29, 2007

12/29/07

Pull-up ladders:
5x (1,2,3,4)

Deadlift:
1-1-1-1-1
280-320-340-300-330*
*was supposed to be 340, but somehow I left off one of the 10# plates without even noticing until I saw it sitting on the weight tree. 340 is all my plates, so when I saw one not on the bar I knew I screwed up.

HSPU:
5-5-5-4-4
First day doing these with hands elevated on cinder blocks. It adds 8" to the ROM, so they are now significantly harder, which I hope bodes well for my next pressing test.

The fun part:
One minute rounds alternating between sledge hammer strikes and 63# farmer carries. I "invented" a devious way to make the farmer carries ridiculously hard. I looped a hand towel through the handle of a kettlebell, then threaded the ends of the towel through a 10# plate. The towel is the grip, and it is much harder than the typical dumbbell handle I've been using. I did a total of four rounds, and four minutes of these carries alternated with four minutes of sledgehammer strikes was more than enough to smoke my grip.

No comments: