Friday, December 14, 2007

12/14/07

Wow. If you want to get made fun of at work just wear a Veggie Tales tie.
As to the day's training, it was pretty good, though it's been better, especially the power cleans.

Fighter pull-ups:
10-8-6-4-4

PTP deads:
5-5
283-253

Power cleans:
5-5-5-5-5
177-187-187-199-199
The sets at 199 felt harder than last week. I got them up, but they could have been crisper. Next three weeks I may have to change to 10 singles at 215 or so. I'm thinking singles on the minute.

OHS: (each set begins with a full squat snatch)
5-5-5-5-5
133-133-133-133-133

Session 2:
Warmup of various drills, halos, wall squats, etc.
20 snatches (10L/10R) density style, countdown of 1:30
total 5 cycles (100 snatches)

3 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Aw!! They made fun of you?!?!? Well. It just goes to show what they're lacking when it comes to fashion sense. I thought you looked great.

Anonymous said...

Had a quick read through - nice. Caught your new program you posted on 8th Dec...thats a lot of good work my friend, you're obviously very strong already for your weight. How long have you been going at it?

TSC is a great goal to get after, thats what I reckon I'll be going for after I've done ROP and seen what carry over it has. I reckon it'll have more carry over for someone like me on a lot of exercises but not you. By that I mean that I have a lot more room for improvement in more or less all departments, whereas you are already pretty strong across quite a number of them.

Great work Martin - but try to sort out those ties!! haha

Martin Schap said...

Thanks for the kind words, Colin. I fear I have a long way to go before I am ready to be competitive with some of the numbers I see in the TSC past winners, but I am keeping at it. I hope this current plan will yield some good gains. Next week I am only wearing repp ties all week!