Saturday, December 15, 2007

12/15/07

Last day of the three weeks today. Now we move to the easy week and a test day. I think I'll test on Friday this week, as Saturday happens to be my one year wedding anniversary. The test will be:
Standing broad jump
Max overhead press
Max deadlift
Max deadhang pull-ups
1200m run

Today's workout was an ok one. I still owe myself a few more pull-ups here. For the GPP portion I had intended to walk a few blocks, buy a Christmas tree and drag it home instead of the usual farmer carries, sledgehammer strikes or whatever else I would have done. Unfortunately the place where I've bought a tree for the past ten years or something no longer is having them, so all I got was the nice walk. No worries though, because we're expecting up to 16" of snow by tomorrow, so I will get some good snow shoveling in.

PTP deads:
5-5
290-260

These felt awesome. I had really good intensity, and the weight came up really smooth.

HSPU:
I did a set every minute for 21 minutes. For the first 6 minutes I was doing sets of 5, but soon realized that was a little too ambitious and scaled back to 3. Ended up with 75 total reps, all nose to deck and solid.

Pistols:
5-4-3-2-1 L/R
This was actually my first time to do 5 consecutive pistols per leg. I can't really call it a PR, because I've never attempted anything more than a double, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Pull-ups:
Did about 50 pull-ups. Wanted to do more, but obviously not bad enough to actually do them...

No comments: