Monday, December 17, 2007

12/17/07

First day of the easy week. For lack of a better plan, I'm doing the Enter the Kettlebell option 1, with 5 minutes of get-ups and 12 minutes of man makers on alternating days. I'm also working in some speed deadlifts on the get-up days, and some pull-ups and push-ups as I feel like it. So far I'm thinking heavier on the pull-ups on the get-up day and more push-ups on the swings day. This week will only be three workouts before the test day, but I will probably do an extra man maker day on Saturday just to shake things out a bit. I will also plan on taking some walks as the opportunity arises, though those may have to wait for nicer weather.

TGU: just the bar for 5 minutes, alternating L/R for singles.
6 singles per arm

Pull-ups:
So far today I've done 4 sets of 7, I will do several more this evening in the GTG format

Deads:
1-1-1-1-1
223-223-223-223-223

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got any numbers in mind for the tests?

I been meaning to ask you what your background is Martin. Somehow I have this pic of you as really being into sports throughout school. Do you do any martial arts at all?

Good luck with the tests

Col

Martin Schap said...

No numbers in mind this time. A lot of these numbers will be complete surprises to me. As far as your mental picture of me, not sure how accurate it is... I was in sports throughout school, but was never in much danger of being considered very good at them. I don't do any martial arts, but I've often thought it would be fun. I have a goal of becoming a police officer, so if I get on with the police I will look at that more seriously.

Anonymous said...

Sounds similar to me - I was involved in everything from rugby to athletics..but was seriously overweight and out of condition lol.

Unfortunately thats where our similarities end though - I want to get seriously good at freerunning and become a cat burgler. So maybe our paths will cross - who knows ;)

Take it easy this week and belt out some good PRs for me to top later haha