Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/3/09

185lbs bench press:
5-5-5-5-4

105lbs 2 hands pinch:
5x3

20lbs plate curls:
3x3

16kg BU C&P:
5x3

Back bridges and hip rehab:
The hip rehab is a bit difficult to describe. It is essentially just some very intense ab drills done while lying lengthwise on a foam roller. My spine is on the foam roller and I do things like tough my hand to my toe or my opposite toe (think a v-up) while my only contact with the ground is the non-working side's foot. So the hip works hard to balance, and it is a great full body tension exercise too. It is one of the best ab workouts I've ever done, but that is pretty much a side benefit to the glute activation.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Bit like roman chair situps then. I find pumps to be really good for releasing the brake on hips and if you really cramp your glutes you can get plenty of activation on them at the same time. Two for the price of one!

Keep up the good work.