Monday, April 28, 2008

4/28/08

Sit-ups and swings:
15 sit-ups at the top of each minute for 4 minutes
1 minute rest
20 swings (24kg) at the top of each minute for 4 minutes

3.34 mile run in 26:39

This was 1:10 slower than last time, but I am not worried about it because I caught all three of the lights that can really slow me down on this route during the out portion. The return trip I didn't catch the lights and was almost a full 2 minutes faster. This indicates that my pace was significantly faster than my watch showed.

All day I have been greasing the groove with 24 push-ups and 6 pull-ups.

3 comments:

Colin said...

How you feeling from all this work? What's the taper plan? Full bore til the week before?

Martin Schap said...

Basically full bore in terms of volume. I will go hard until about a week out, then take one 3 day minicycle a little easy and the next one almost off. I will write it out as we get closer to the date of the test. If I take too long a break I don't do well, but a couple of days of almost complete rest works for me in preparing for these things.

Martin Schap said...

I didn't answer your first question. I feel pretty good. I have been monitoring for a drop in performance or a huge jump in perceived effort to do the same amount of work, but so far I am hanging with it.