Thursday, April 3, 2008

4/03/08

Colin, I am sorry to report that your comment came too late. I had already killed the dog. Let this be a lesson to all reading this blog- if you mess with my old copies of Hardstyle Magazine I will take you in the back yard and hit you with a shovel and then bury you amidst the daffodils. Just kidding, of course. The dog is fine and probably at home doing mischief as we speak.

Pull-ups:
5x5

Push-ups:
5x10

Box Jumps:
2x10

GHD Sit-ups:
3x10

Run 1 mile on the track:
6:52 easy/medium pace

I know I said I would hold off on the push-ups, but yesterday I found out there is a police PFT on May 17, so I cranked out a couple sets of 15 and 20 to see how it felt. It didn't bother me, so I am slowly adding them back in. I also did a couple sets of 20 this morning. Not that I guess it matters now though, since I found out I have to work on the 17th and I can't really get out of it. Too bad, because I was really excited at the prospect of trying again for a law enforcement job.

7 comments:

Howie B said...

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I've been there a few times myself. Make sure you give it enough time to heal. Keep up the squats and everything else will fall into place again easily. Maybe throw in one final set of 20 reps at the end, those are killers!

Colin said...

Too bad about the police PFT....but if you really want a job in LE you will find a way.

Martin Schap said...

Howie
Thanks for the encouragement. I hate being injured, but I know it could be much worse. I reviously had a pretty severe injury to my hip. Now that limited what I could do. And plus it took the better part of 6 months to heal up. Hell on earth. I will start with very light presses 3x3 and move up the weight as I am able. No more than 5 pounds per session though. It will be at least July or something before I will be moving a decent poundage again. I will post the plan here in a few weeks when I am ready to start easing back into it.
Colin
Yes, I will find a way, but we have a BIG event at work on that day, and I don't think it would be wise to quit my current job...

Franklin said...

Decent work out today considering your shoulder. My left shoulder always bothers me somewhat and I'm lucky the pull-ups don't seem to aggravate it either.

From the sound of it, your shoulder injury is a minor setback compared to 6 mons of hip rehab. Fifteen years ago, when I tore my piriformis hill training for the Boston Marathon I was out for three years .. now that really sucked!

Franklin said...

One more thing, when your shoulder gets stronger, consider easing into TGUs with low weight, low reps. Of all the shoulder rehab I have ever done, this has worked the best by far.

Martin Schap said...

Herman
You saw my 6 months and raised me 30! I am definitely going to be using TGUs as my main rehab exercise. That is why I ordered a 36kg, and I will use my wife's 20 pounder before I get to that. Jeff Martone's testimony about the TGU rehabbing his shoulders really made an impression on me.

Martin Schap said...

Should have said 16kg. I will not be getting a 36kg any time soon.