Friday, April 25, 2008

4/25/08

Shoulder was a bit sore from yesterday. It was definitely my own fault. I read some articles on bending and got so carried away I decided to bend a little. Dumb idea. Anyway, no pressing today. I will probably wait a week before doing it again. Also, the dip belt I've been using for my weighted pull-ups got broken. I don't trust my pull-up bar at home with much weight, so instead of doing 7 heavy singles as I'd planned I just did some light triples. Tried DL again just for the hell of it, but that's a no go too.
Franklin, you asked which PFT I am training for. It is actually with one of the local police departments here in my hometown. The standards are pretty easy, but I want to do well on it because I'm pretty competitive by nature and because it certainly can't hurt my chances in the hiring process to smoke the standards.

Weighted pull-ups:
3x3 at 35

Two hand plate pinch DL:
5-5
55-50

CoC Trainer:
3x3

I also did a set of 10 swings with the 32kg after every set of the other exercises.

Edit: Take note of Annie's new workout blog linked to your right! She has again agreed to be my victim, and I will be prescribing workouts with a goal of increasing her work capacity to the point where she can perform CrossFit workouts as prescribed.

1 comment:

Franklin said...

Martin, I have no doubt that you will excel in your Police Department PFT .. and they will be be very fortunate to have you once you make the squad!

You only need to keep at it with razor focus and affirm within that you will achieve it.