Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/20/08

5.37k run
25:29

Same run as on 4/12/08, but much faster. Today's effort was about 1 minute faster per mile, and over 3 minutes faster over all.

KB and abdominal drill intervals:
10x30 second rds where every other round is an ab drill and every other round is a KB drill (16kg KB throughout)
-sit-ups
-swings
-flutter kicks
-swings with release at top
-sit-ups
-swings with release at top of every other rep
-flutter kicks
-figure 8 to hold
-sit-ups
-tactical lunge

All day I greased the groove with 22 push-ups and 6 pull-ups.

Light stretching in evening.

3 comments:

Colin said...

Nice pic! Pistols impress the hell outa me.

Running coming on good and a nice little circuit. Little bit of juggling thrown in for good measure. Like it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the results - how long is it now til the test?

Martin Schap said...

Thanks Colin. I was just messing around yesterday and decided to pistol Anja for fun. Wait until she's about 17 and then it will be REALLY impressive.
Less than a month to the PFT! The test is on May 17. I am excited to see how I can do too. Also, I may be meeting with an RKC at the end of May to get my snatch form dialed in a bit. I think with some help on the drop I could really improve my numbers for the TSC, if I ever make it to one.

Colin said...

Haha - think you may to settle for doing a TGU with her at 17.

Not long to go then - how long you give yourself to taper and peak?

I reckon you should have a go at setting up your own TSC. Hellish long drive for you and be good for you beyond training, organizing, community aspects etc. Be good thing to tell any interview panels.