Sunday, August 3, 2008

8/2/08

Mobility:
Usual SJ routine

Heavy day-
C&P:
5x (1,2,3,4,5) at 24kg

Ring pull-ups:
2x (1,2,3,4,5) at 20lbs
3x (1,2,3,4,5) unweighted
alternated with C&P

It didn't take long into this workout to realize I was in pretty deep. I should've taken a slower progression to get to this point, as my left shoulder was approaching complete failure by the last ladder. Next Saturday I will drop the volume back and only do one ladder up to 5 rungs and the rest up to 4 with the idea of building back to the full 5 rung ladders over several weeks.

Swings:
8 rds of 10 swings each with 16kg, 24kg and 32kg in 11 minutes. Total 80 swings with each bell.

3 comments:

Colin said...

Thats some going - didn't take you long to get up to that either..even if you do think you were pushing it a little. Fantastic.

Inspired me dump the nautilus and come back to the bells ;)

Do you think that the time you were forced to take it easy is actually going to take you through to another level?

Martin Schap said...

Thanks Colin. I didn't hurt myself, and I plan to be more intelligent from here out, so I'm glad I put the session in.
Well, like Dan John always says, all training is complementary. I don't think you ever go wrong by changing the focus of your training for a while (unless you change to Nautilus of course). And of course, the fact that I took it easy can't hurt either, since we could all probably benefit by devoting more time to recovery.

Colin said...

Devoting time to recovery - thats what I've been doing this weekend. And also devoting money to the sharks at the tables :(

Good to see you back in full swing anyway. Long may it continue.