Monday, August 18, 2008

8/18/08

Mobility:
Usual SJ routine

Variety day-
TGU:
2x1 at 80lbs barbell, 3x1 at 75lbs barbell

DL:
250x5, 225x5

OHS:
115x5, 105x5

Push-ups:
3x10

Face pulls:
3x10

Colin- Check out the Iron Garm forums to find out more about the challenge. It is a 3 team event and is organized similar to the TSC in that multiple sites will be hosting. The events are one KB snatch and one KB C&J for 10 minutes each, back to back with no rest. Rules are same as SSST in that multiple hand switches and resting the bell on the platform are allowed. The elite men will use 32kg, intermediate will use the 24kg and beginners have the option of using 16kg. The teams are OTW, Hardstyle, and a group calling themselves the Bogatirs who use a mix of the two styles. Needless to say, I will be competing for Team Hardstyle if I go.

2 comments:

Colin said...

First time I've ever heard of that forum, looks like my sort of place. I'm all for free speech and few laws from "moderators" in all aspects of life.

Good luck with it if you go for it.

Franklin said...

Irongarm at a minimum is quite entertaining albeit its hard to take all the Pavel bashing although it appears to be getting better.

Pavel has concerns about the intergalactic competition so I have decided to stay away from it for the time being. In any case, I have enough on my plate to get to a competitive level with the TSC which is now looking like another year project at minimum.

It appears heavy pressing and heavy dead-lifting seem to correlate, no? In any case, I'm very weak with both but at least improving slowing.