Sunday, February 3, 2008

$@#&! &*%$! @%$#!

Those were more or less my thoughts on Friday morning when I strained a muscle in my back WHILE SHOVELING SNOW! What's with me!? Am I just the sultan of stupid lately or what? I had already decided not to train that day because my cold was back, but I had to shovel out my car to go to work and got the dumbest injury in the world. So Colin, that was what happened. I have been meaning to make a post for the past couple of days just to say that I will be taking a full week off and will resume serious training on the 11th. Good looking out for me though. I appreciate it. I knew you would be on my case, so I guess I should've just posted this earlier. I will be posting a new and improved training plan within the next week. I think the last one was bad luck or something.

3 comments:

Colin said...

Don't be so hard on yourself - life is what happens while we are busy making plans. All kinds of shit can go wrong, just do what you need to get it fixed then get back on track.

My left shoulder is feelin a bit beat up after a few wrestling sessions with my nephews - aged 8 and 4!! Stupid shit happens to us all...but I won't be admitting to any others from now on ;)

Colin said...

Forgot to ask - how is the back?

Martin Schap said...

Back is a lot better, but I won't be pushing it. I have been walking and stretching. The decompression hangs seem to help a lot, and I will be adding some hurdler stretches tonight. I have a beginner pilates video that i do sometimes. It's a little silly, but it's a good stretch. I will do that once or twice this week.