Monday, February 18, 2008

2/18/08

Warm-up:
OHS- worked up to 135x5
Deadlift- worked up to 275x5
3 rds of
10 24kg swings
10 jumping jacks
1 TGU mill each side

CrossFit:
"Cindy"
As many rounds as possible in 20 min of
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats

Got 17 rds plus 3 pull-ups

Grip work:
"Curls for the girls"
Put 35# of plates on a piece of 1.5 inch plumbing pipe with a floor flange to hold them, so that I was gripping the pipe vertically. Does that make sense?
5-5-5
35-35-35

Sledge levering-
nothing to write home about

2 comments:

Colin said...

So you were holding it vertically and then at the top position of the curl it would have extended away from you - horizontally to the floor??

My levering with the sledgehammer isnt great either - it gives me pains up my right arm now when doing it. I've always had girls wrists...next year they will be a man's wrists though ;)

Impressive numbers on the circuit - 78 pull ups - 170 press ups....work capacity of an android!!

Martin Schap said...

Yeah Colin. I guess the best way to descibe what I was doing would be a hammer curl. It was pretty difficult on the grip, and the pipe and floor flange were maybe $12, so not bad for another training tool.