Thursday, February 28, 2008

2/28/08

Warm-up:
Face the wall squats, a few burpees and stuff
Deadlift up to 318x5
OHS 94x5

CrossFit:
7 rounds for time of:
10 Ring dips
95 pound Sumo-deadlift high-pull, 10 reps

10:09

Could have been significantly faster, but there were some enforced rests (like every round) while I waited for the rings to free up. I invited the head wrestling coach and one of his wrestlers to hit this one with me, but we had just two sets of rings between us.

Finished out with about 35-40 fingertip pull-ups on Eagle Loops and 3 rounds of 10 burpees and 12 sit-ups.

2 comments:

Colin said...

Those eagle loops hard?

I noticed you took a day off after Schap's Evil Leg Killer.

Everytime I stood up, sat down and went upstairs or downstairs your ears should have been burning!!!

Martin Schap said...

Gee Colin, were you sore? I am sorry to hear that. (Mwahaha.) I sure hope you feel better soon. ;)

It was a scheduled day off, but a much needed one all the same.

The Eagle Loops are a pretty nice piece of kit. I use them for pull-ups, attach them to KB handles for carries and use them for deadlift lockouts. They are versatile and portable. Between that and the other grip stuff that I mention plus GTG with the gripper (I'm definitely ready for the #1, I need to order it.) I think I hit most aspects of my grip pretty regularly.