Wednesday, February 13, 2008

2/13/08

Decided to test my max back squat today in preparation for the Russian Squat Assault. My programming for the foreseeable future is Blackbox CrossFit, meaning the 3 on 1 off CrossFit mini-cycle, with one day of every three blocked out for heavy lifting. I will start with the RSA on day one of every three, and add in 3 sets of 5 weighted pull-ups, dips and sit-ups as well as some grip work to wrap things up. The other days will just be the CrossFit WOD plus a set of 5 deads and 5 OHS as part of the warm-up.

Warm-up:
CFWU plus worked up to one set of 5 deads at 293 and one set of 5 OHS at 115

Back squat:
5-3-1-1-1
135-185-225-245-265

"Randy"
75 pound Power snatch, 75 reps for time.

I scaled this up to 89 pounds and completed it in 9:56

2 comments:

Colin said...

265 - little off your PR, can't complain about that coming off a 2 week lay-up.

How long ago did you do the 285? Give your legs all the best, I think they are going to need for the next few weeks ;)

Martin Schap said...

It's buried in my log somehwere, but it was probably like mid-October when I squatted that. I haven't been all that serious about my squatting in a while, so this will be a good program to get back at it. I really think a 2x bwt squat is possible in the next few months if I attack it. When I finish the Russian Squat Assault I may try the same or similar programming for cleans with lower volume but high intensity squat work after the cleans. We shall see.

Right now I'm playing it like there will be no TSC for me. So far there are no locations that I can reasonably get to. If that changes I will just rely on this programming to do the job.