Sunday, February 1, 2009

2/1/09

Warm-up-
Neck and shoulder mobility
Broomstick OHS 2x5
Broomstick low bar wall squat 2x5
Broomstick low bar wide stance squat 2x5
24kg TGU 1x2

Low bar back squat:
220x5, 220x5, 220x5, 220x5, 220x5, 220x5, 220x5

24kg BU C&P:
7 singles

24kg weighted pull-ups:
5-4-4-3-2

Barbell power clean and press:
135x5, 145x4, 155x3 165x1, 165x2, 175x1

The first time I tried the set of two at 165 I missed. I knew I should've had it, so I took a longer rest, tried again and nailed it easily. This is a nice milestone, as 165 is a bit more than bodyweight at the moment.

Levering:
2.5lbs on the broken sleeve of my barbell, 3x3 forward and back

24kg snatch:
10-8-6-4-4 L/R

1 minute rest after each set L/R

Edit:
A couple of things that I wanted to mention but forgot to...

1: I ordered a bar
2: I have been doing a bit of bending. Over the past couple of day I have killed multiple 5" lengths of 1/4" CRS. I had been made to understand that CRS is much harder than HRS, but I can barely notice a difference. It is a little harder, but still goes down every time.

5 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Yeah Colin. If I crack the 165 barrier I am hosed. That extra 15lbs or so makes a HUGE difference in the totals that I have seen. At 165 I can be fairly competitive within the next year as long as I stay healthy and keep my total headed north. If and when I get to 181 I will need to be stupid strong, total of at least 1500 to be competitive.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Happy Groundhog Day to all on Martin's blog!

Franklin said...

Very heavy squat volume .. did you start the RSA?

Power cleaning and then pressing 175 is fantastic. Seems like you have really cranked up the intensity .. I'm glad that shoulder issued resolved itself.

Yep Annie, Punxatawney Pete saw his shadow .. six more weeks of winter.

Colin said...

I agree with Franklin - you've really cranked it up a notch.

Happy Groundhog Day Annie - may Saint Bill Murray bestow blessings upon your house ;)

Martin Schap said...

Thanks guys. I guess this is why Pavel, Dan John et al exhort trainees to compete often. Having 2-3 PL meets on my calendar is a powerful motivator.