Friday, November 30, 2007

Progress and Lessons Learned

Dan John says all training is complementary, and I've lately been noticing this in my own training. Recently I've been blowing my old marks out of the water in both overhead squat and the full squat snatch. It seems that when I started drilling the snatch more and getting better I got stronger in the OHS, and now as I OHS more and more I'm able to stay together better in my snatches. The lift just keeps getting easier.
Another "tip" that I've picked up is that my OHS sets go much better when I start each set with a full squat snatch as opposed to starting out of the rack. This is a bit counterintuitive because one might think that starting out of the rack would make me fresher for my set, but whether it's just being in the most natural position for having snatched the weight first or what, it just works for me.
A hard lesson to learn was that I need an extremely long warm-up before I snatch. It's tough, because I like to aggressivley squeeze a lot of work into my hour of gym time, but I've realized that without extensive drilling at 89# to warm up I just don't make my attempts. I suspect the reason is that I'm lifting 5 days a week right now and lifting in the morning when I haven't had a day's activity to limber me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!