Tuesday, November 27, 2007

11/27/07

Not my greatest day in the weightroom from a weightlifting standpoint. I'm kind of proud of myself though, because I gutted this one out. I had planned to warm up a bit, do my deadlifts, take a few practice reps and start going heavy on my snatch. However, my plan started to fall apart when I repeatedly missed my attempt at 138. After only minimal fuming and cursing, I put 89 on the bar and started drilling. I did 5 doubles in the full squat snatch, then did 3 reps of the following dill that I got from a Dan John article- 1 full squat snatch + 1 hang snatch + 1 overhead squat = 1 rep.
Eventually I got back under a little bit heavier weight and snatched 148 for a single.
It would have been easy today to just skip the snatches, hit some heavy clean and jerks and then knock out a bunch of pull-ups or something so I could walk away feeling good about the weights put up and the volume put under my belt, (figuratively only, I lift completely raw). Rather, I stuck with the lift, fixed my form issues. (I wasn't aggressively settling under the bar, as I realized when I started the OHS portion of the drill.) I didn't have time to really work any C&J, and I missed out on my conditioning work, but I'm glad I stuck with the snatch. I attacked my weakness, always a good strategy, and I'll get plenty more opportunites to clean and jerk.

PTP deads:
5-4-3-2-1
233-238-248-253-258

Snatch:
1-1-1
138-143-148

C&J:
1-1
148-177

No comments: