Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Program

I am writing my own programming again because right now I can't be tied down to someone else's workouts. My program is as follows:
Saturday will always be the same. I will do 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 front squats and presses followed by 2 sets of 5 deadlifts as outlined in Power to the People and 5 minute kettlebell snatches.

The rest of the week I will try to go heavy 3 times a week, leaving one day for some technique work to improve my o-lifts and and a longer conditioning session, which will usually be one of the CrossFit girls or Hero workouts.
The heavy days will look like this:
Day 1: Back squats and power cleans followed by a short conditioning session (metcon- metabolic conditioning)
Day 2: Snatch, C&J followed by a short metcon
Day 3: Skill work, girl or hero workout
Day 4: OHS and weighted pull-ups followed by a longer metcon

Every heavy day will include the PTP deadlifts. Right now I am thinking of a wave cycle of 3 steps forward, 2 back. Ideally, day 1 will be Monday, day 2 will be Tuesday day 3 will be Wednesday and day 4 will be Friday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a stud! Found your blog even though it wasn't exactly what you said! ha ha!